Friday, July 16, 2010

Harper's Manifesto


Just click the image to read it.

UPDATE: dec.2013 - Prediction - Cda Post uproar is the diversion and, per the manifesto, the no-delivery policy will be rescinded, making for good positive election fodder.  BUT - what is the real news?  Dig dig dig.... just say this.  just say that.

This is the first posting of my poetry and it took government irresponsibility to precipitate it. I suddenly began channeling our prime minister and out came this piece, just a few minutes ago. Actually, it is a song, but I will not torture you with that interpretation. I strongly believe that he took voice coaching to sound like Stuart Maclean. Since sensing this, I have never listened to Vinyl Café.

The yellow words are meant to be difficult to read because they can be substituted.  In this version the text is:

Quietly introduce that back-room corporate deal
For military jets so coffers will grow
Nobody will notice
Let them chant for census justice


I will post others, I have many. Thanks for peeking in. I think I will follow this spontaneous poem by beginning a presentation of my MetaPoetry series: My poems about poems.

*Update... since 2010 there have been many other diversions in the media - Rob Ford is a good example.  Pandas too.

1 comment:

  1. Of course, this poem is about media strategy. The reason the yellow text is difficult to read is because these issuse could be substitued for the same end. It happens often, especially with this kind of dated public relations practice.

    ReplyDelete