Inhale. Exhale.
When a life long friend moves along suddenly it is more than a ripple, it is a tidal wave. None of us is perfect. On that we can all agree. As life moves on, we grow, we adapt, we insist, we deny, we take all kinds of stances as the world moves forward, with us in it. The shock of a sudden death dulls the mind, for a while, and then, one day, after pondering and pondering, it opens it again. It takes that many days.
With the confusion of my friend's death I did not know what to think. What was I supposed to think? Is there a right way? A wrong way? It is so awkward! We can go through the paces and do what we think we are supposed to do, but no. No matter how we respond or act or behave, as long as we live, those actions will be behind us. And I'm not looking back.
Inhale. Exhale.
If you click on the image, it is easier to read the poem.

No comments:
Post a Comment